There is an urgent appeal from local communities and institutions in the affected regions for…
In the Name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
A Few Ways to Support Innocent Victims in Gaza, Palestine
Dear Community Members, peace be upon you.
With the passing of every day, our innocent brothers and sisters in Gaza, Palestine, continue to be in dire need of support, especially the children and the elderly. They do not have basic amenities, not even clean water to drink. Almighty God says in the Holy Quran [89:17-18], “…then why do you not show kindness to the orphans or urge one another to feed the destitute?” In addition, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh&hp) has said, “He who wakes up in the morning unconcerned about the situations of fellow Muslims is not a Muslim.” Thus, adhering to the sentiments of His Eminence Sayyid al-Sistani and his call for us to decry the slaughter of Palestinians in Gaza and help and support the efforts to put an end to the continuing violence against them, we ask our beloved community members across the United States to practice their moral and civic rights and show solidarity and concern by taking action on some, if not all, of the following things:
- Send a letter to your Representative/Senator in Congress demanding a ceasefire. By clicking on this link, you can generate a personalized letter that will be sent directly to your local representative based on your address. You can also send the letter through this link, which will direct it to your representative.
- Download and send a letter to your representative. Personalize your letter by sharing details about your life and your deep affection for our country, and your state and city, this will significantly enhance its impact. Express your personal connection to the issues you care about, this will make your message more relatable and compelling.
- Like, repost, follow, and share appropriate messages to spread awareness about the issue. Remember to always adhere to high morals and standards when doing this.
- Stay informed and join a local protest near you while remembering to always follow the law and be peaceful, and learn more about Palestine with the Resource Kit.
- Donate to reputable and trusted charitable organizations, such as WF AID, Islamic Relief USA, Lady Fatema Trust, Helping Hand Relief Development, American Muslims for Palestine (AMP), and any other institutions that are qualified and in which you have confidence.
Last but certainly not least, whether you do all of the above or just some, be sure to keep the displaced, injured, and oppressed people in Gaza, especially the Palestinian children, who are our children, in your prayers, including those who have so senselessly lost their lives. Almighty God says in the Holy Quran [40:60], “…Pray to Me for I shall answer your prayers…”, and He has said [28:83], “…The happy end certainly belongs to the pious ones.”
Additionally, note that we are witnessing a growing awareness among diverse groups, and as such, people are increasingly recognizing the truth and gaining a deeper understanding of the realities of the situation. It is heartening to observe a united front, with various communities, including the Jewish community, standing firmly alongside and showing solidarity with Muslims against extremism and advocating for justice.
At the same time, it is essential to acknowledge that some people may still be influenced by biased or fabricated information, which can lead to misunderstanding and misconceptions. It is crucial to approach these situations with patience and understanding.
If you or anyone you know encounters discrimination, civil rights violations, or incidents of hatred while expressing your views on the current situation, please do not hesitate to reach out to your local official agencies and human rights advocacy organizations such as CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations) for assistance and support.
Together, we can work towards fostering understanding, promoting dialogue, and advocating for a more just and peaceful world.
Note: I.M.A.M. is not affiliated with any of the organizations in the external links above and they are being provided for informational purposes only.