To find an answer to a question on Islamic Practical Laws (jurisprudence questions), select a category from the left or search for your question in the field below. If you are not able to find an answer to your question, you can submit a new question by clicking here.
1. Am I allowed to work in government bank in non-Muslim country (India) in usury related jobs like cashier officer?
2. I have pending fasts (due to negligence) of childhood. Do I have to pay kaffarah and fidya both?
1- If your job involves usurious transactions and the party that pays the interest/usury is a Muslim, it is not permissible to work in that job.
2- You can offer a fidyah (if applicable) and Kaffarah anytime, provided that it is not delayed to the extent of negligence.
Is it permissible to eat food from a restaurant owned by a non-Muslim?
It is permissible to eat food other than meat, as for meat one may not eat from a non-Muslim restaurant unless they are certain the meat has been slaughtered according to Islamic laws.
- non muslim
As you know in western bank accounts, there is now a requirement to keep a certain amount of money in your checking account to avoid maintenance fee. Do we have to pay khums on those amounts?
If the money remains until your Khums date unused, then Khums must be paid. For further clarification please call 3135624626.
1. Is Ziarat Waritha its own ziarat and stops at ( wa alaa zaah-e-rekum wa alaa baa-te-nekum)? or Ziarat Ali Akbar, Ziarat Shohadae Karbala, Ziarat Harzat Abbas are part of it? Meaning whenever we read Ziarat Warisa do we have to read them as well?
2. Are the namaz for these ziarat obligatory?
1- They are not part of Ziarat Warith, but it is better to recite them with it.
2- Prayers for Ziarah are not obligatory.
1. For non-obligatory fast we are allowed to do niyyat as late as 10 minutes before the opening of the fast if the fasting conditions are not broken correct?
2. How late can we take menstruation shower and become pak and do nonobligatory fast niyyat? Is it same as above condition mentioned?
3. Do we have to take menstruation shower and become pak by fajr time to do niyyat for non-obligatory fast?
1- If it is a recommended fast (mustahab) then you have all the way until moments before Mahgrib to make your intention (niyyat) to fast it for the sake of Allah, provided that you have not ate or drank, etc during the day.
2&3, For a recommended fast a woman does not have to be pure from menstruation (haydh).
According to Agha Sistani, what are the minimum ages for camels, goats, sheep, cows and others for sacrificing for Eid ul Adha?
What is the case of sacrifices that are below the minimum age criteria?
Camels must be at least five years old; cows and goats must be at least two years old, and sheep must be at least seven months old.
Are permanent tattoos allowed? Is Wadhu work with it? Can we put Arabic as tattoo?
Tattoos are permissible and they do not affect wudhu, however in the case of a woman, if they are considered adornment according to the common view, she must cover them from non-mahram men.
Can we eat food from a restaurant owned and operated by a Hindu?
If the food does not include any meat products (which has not been slaughtered according to Islamic laws), and you do not know whether the cook has touched it with moisture, then it is permissible to eat.
- non muslim
Is buying a lottery ticket with the intension of helping poor people with all or some of prize money permissible?
Buying lottery tickets for the purpose of winning the prize is not permissible even if the person intends to help the poor with part of the prize.
My clothes became najis with blood. I tried to remove the blood in the sink, but some came out; some remained. I put my clothes in the washing machine as I thought they would become Tahir once washed. If I still see stains after washing the clothes in the washing machine, can I assume that it is just stains, or blood and needs to be washed again?
As well, is it necessary to wash the clothes in the sink before putting them into the washing machine? Or can I put them into the machine right away?
1- If it is merely a color, then it is tahir (pure).
2- You can put them in the washing machine right away, however, you must not add detergent because the purifying water has to be absolute. And if the clothes have been impurified by urine, they must be washed twice (e.g, two cycles).
- washing machines