In the Name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Who may apply for Financial Assistance from I.M.A.M.?
- Any North American Shia Muslim needy individual who is considered the head of his or her household. Non-Shia Muslim needy individuals will be supported in cases of emergencies or special circumstances.
What needs/expenses do we cover?
- Nutritional needs
- Medical and Medicine expenses
- Utility bills with shut-off notices
- Basic home furnishing for very low income individuals
In special cases of emergency, we will cover costs related to:
- Living accommodations such as rental/mortgage, real-estate tax shortages, etc, if they are passed due on two or more payments.
- Transportation expenses required for livelihood, such as accidental insurance payments, car repairs, etc.
I.M.A.M. reserves the right to evaluate each case to determine if the emergency need exists or not.
What support does the requester need to bring forth to prove their need?
- Documented evidence of their need, either as an invoice or official letter
- A written confirmation of the need by two well-known individuals from the applicant’s community who are known to be practicing Shia Muslims and trustworthy, or one Islamic Center leader/Imam, along with their contact information.
- Previous year’s tax return
How do we provide the Financial Assistance for each type of need?
Applicants are not paid directly. Once approved I.M.A.M. will pay directly to the invoice/bill issuer, merchant, utility company, or Government entity.
|Type of Need||How Financial Assistance is provided|
|Nutritional||Gift card from merchant|
|Clothes||Gift card from merchant|
|Medical and Medicine expenses||Paid directly to billing company|
|Utility bills with shut-off noticed||Paid directly to billing company|
|Basic home furnishing||Gift card from merchant or paid directly to billing company|
|Living accommodations||Paid directly to billing company|
|Transportation expenses||Paid directly to billing company|
What is the funding limit for each request?
|Type of Need|| Funding Limit for One Time Disbursement
|Medical and Medicine expenses||Up to $1,000|
|Utility bills with shut-off noticed||Up to $250|
|Basic home furnishing||$500|
|Living accommodations||Up to $1,000|
|Transportation expenses||Up to $1,000|
How many times can a requester make requests?
- Financial Assistance is disbursed one time for each request. A requester may submit multiple requests, but there is no guarantee of approval based on previously approved requests
How can one apply for financial assistance?
- To apply for assistance, please complete this application form and email the form and copies (scanned or PDF versions) of all supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also print the application form and mail it along with your supporting documents to: I.M.A.M. Humanitarian Services, 22000 Garrison Street, Dearborn, MI. 48124