Tajwid is an Arabic term that means “beautification.” It refers to the science and art…
“And recite the Quran in a distinct tone”
Quran Tajwid Recitation Competition
Ramadan 1442 – 2021
(For Age 17+)
Live for 10 nights during the month of Ramadan via YouTube + ZOOM
Sunday, April 18th to Tuesday, April 27th, 2021
From 8:30 PM to 10:30 PM (EST)
اعلان مسابقة تجويد القرآن الكريم، مع لجنة تحكيم مصرية، وجوائز ثمينة. إضغط هنا للتفاصيل
اعلاميه مسابقه تجويد قرآن كريم، با هيئت داورى از كشور مصر، همراه جوايز قدر. جهت مشروح لطفاً اينجا را كليك كنيد
WHAT IS IT?
The Quran Tajwid Competition aims to revive a spiritual connection to the Holy Quran and the sacred nights of Ramadan with the melodious recitations of qualified reciters across North America.
The month of Ramadan is the Holy month that God blesses with magnificent hospitality, immeasurable rewards, and provides the greatest opportunity and environment for gaining better knowledge and spirituality. It is also the most blessed month for reciting, listening, and reflecting on the Holy Quran.
PRIZES & ACCOLADES
- Roundtrip airfare to the Holy Sites for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places and a
- Certificate of Recognition from the al-Tarouti Institute in Cairo, Egypt (Sample)
- Award Certificate of appreciation to all participants from I.M.A.M.
Competition will be judged by a special committee from Egypt by:
- Shaykh Abd al-Fattah al-Tarouti, for Tajwid rules
- Dr. Shaykh Taha Abd al-Wahhab, for nagham art – way of recitation
- Dr. Shaykh Abd al-Karim Saleh, for tartil rules – wqf and Ibtidaa’ art.
- The competition will last 10 nights, beginning on Sunday, April 18th, 2021 and ending on Tuesday, April 27th, 2021, from 8:30 to 10:30 PM (EST).
- The names of winners will be announced on the last night by the judges and posted on I.M.A.M.’s website.
- The first night will be limited to welcoming the judges and competitors, an explanation of the rules, and announcing the name of reciters for the following night.
- Tajwid recitation means reciting the Holy Quran in this method (click here for a sample).
- The competition will be in two stages:
- STAGE 1: Judges Committee will choose 3 to 5 competitors by raffle. The committee will offer three different selections of the Holy Quran to competitors to choose from and recite one on the following night. At the end of each night, the committee will announce the winner of that night. That winner will proceed to the next Stage.
- STAGE 2: All those who won in the previous nights will go through another round with the same method of selection as in Stage 1. (This may take an additional 1-2 nights depending on the number of competitors.) On the last night, the committee will announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
The form and process may be modified at the Judges’ discretion depending on the overall number of competitors.
- This competition is limited to the residents of North America (US and Canada), and for ages 17 and up.
- Prizes are not transferable whatsoever and will be paid directly to the travel agency on winner’s behalf.
- Airfare will be limited to visiting holy sites only, such as for Hajj and Umra, Holy sites of the Prophet (pbuh), and Ahl al-Bayt (p).
- All prizes must be redeemed by no later than April 2nd, 2022 to avoid cancellation.
- By participating, entrants agree to defer to I.M.A.M.’s final authority in all competition-related matters or for all matters not explicitly outlined.
HOW TO ENTER
- Registration is open until April 13, 2021, @ 11:59 PM
- A valid legal ID displaying your full name, date of birth, and address will be required.
- To enter the competition CLICK HERE.