I.M.A.M. and the Administration of the Imam Hussain (p) Holy Shrine announce the Annual Quran…
[UPDATE – Registration is now closed.]
WHAT IS IT?
The Annual Quran Competition is an educational competition which aims to enhance today’s generation by strengthening their connection to the Holy Quran.
The month of Ramadan is the holy month that God blesses with a magnificent hospitality, immeasurable rewards, and provides the greatest opportunity and environment for gaining better knowledge and spirituality. It is also the most blessed month for reciting the Quran.
In addition to the limitless blessings of this sacred month, participants will have the chance to win a prize, with 3 Grand Prizes for male winners and 3 Grand Prizes for female winners.
1st Place – $2,000 toward a spiritual journey to visit the holy sites in Iraq*
2nd Place – $1,500 toward a spiritual journey to visit the holy sites in Iraq*
3rd Place – $1,000 toward a spiritual journey to visit the holy sites in Iraq*
*(With any verified ziyarat tour group – See rule #5)
After registering, participants will be required to record and submit a predetermined selection of verses from the Holy Quran.
The recitation portion of this year’s competition will be based on pronunciation guidelines according to “Tajwid: A Guide to Qur’anic Recitation“. Participants are encouraged to begin studying this informative text as soon as possible.
Additionally, please note that this competition will focus on the tarteel method with emphasis on correct pronunciation, such as in the following example.
Important Dates to Note for this Year’s Competition
- May 6th, 2019: Registration Closes at 11:59 pm (EST)
- May 20th, 2019: Submission deadline. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 pm (EST) Monday night.
- May 30th, 2019: Winners Announced
Competition Official Rules:
1. This competition is for male and female contestants that are 12 to 17 years of age only. Due to logistical issues pertaining to international travel, competition participants must be U.S. or Canadian passport holders.
2. Contestants will be judged on the Tarteel method of Quran recitation (such as in the following example) in applying the rules of Tajwid according to the Hafs version of the reading of Asim, which is the most popular of the readings of the Holy Quran throughout the Muslim world.
3. Contestants will submit a short video showing their recitation of the assigned sections of the Quran (delivered when the submission period opens).
4. A suggested $14.00 donation is required to participate and will be considered as the “act of entry”; all participants must present a copy of their donation receipt, wherever requested to do so, to qualify. All donation proceeds will be allocated toward My Orphans causes.
5. “Verified ziyarat tour groups” are those that are reputable and belong to registered companies in the United States or Canada only. Winners may select any such group of their choosing and must travel within one calendar year and no later than May 30th, 2020. I.M.A.M. reserves the right to make this determination and is not affiliated with any tour group or travel agency. Prizes will be paid directly to the tour groups above and will not be awarded to any winner directly as cash.
6. By entering this competition, all participants agree to abide by the rules mentioned above and will submit requests made by I.M.A.M. in a timely manner, or risk forfeiting their participation. Participants and winners will defer to I.M.A.M.’s final authority in the unlikely event of any competition-related conflict, or for all matters not explicitly outlined above.
7. For all competition related questions, send your inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org